Bear House, Dolphin Street, Colyton, Devon, EX24 6NA
We would like to make Bear House a pleasurable and comfortable place to stay for as many people as possible, regardless of their individual needs. The following information on our facilities should help you book Bear House with confidence but we welcome any questions you might have.
We have a well behaved dog – Radar.
Bear House is located in Colyton, East Devon. It is situated centrally, but in a quiet location and within a few minutes walk of the Market Place and main amenities.
Bear House is not suitable for guests with walking difficulties.
•There is public transport nearby: bus stop 500 yards away, and trams to nearby coastal town of Seaton [running most of the year] and good taxi services.
• Mobile phone signal inside is variable, depending on network, but better signal outside.
• Nearest coast less than 3 miles away.
• Wifi available.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
• On street parking available opposite Bear House or round the corner in Groves Meadow (or car park 50 yards away).
Main Entrance, Reception
• Main entrance reached via front door and internal door.
• Entrance hall leads to main stair case to guest bedrooms.
• Also leads to ground floor bakery / dining area.
• Vinyl flooring to hallway, wooden floorboards in bakery/ dining area, all other areas carpeted.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
All bedrooms are located on first floor.
• Stairs to bedrooms, no lift available.
• Good lighting in all areas.
• Carpet on stairs and landing and bedrooms.
• Doors with handle, own room and front door key for easy access.
Public Areas – Bakery dining area
• Bakery dining area well lit, all on the flat.
• Good lighting in all areas.
• There is a customer toilet on the first floor – this does not have disabled facilities.
• Cycle paths, walks, golf courses, horse riding, swimming, antiques centre, beaches all nearby, within a radius of 4 miles.
Bedrooms / Sleeping Areas
• 2 bedrooms, one bedroom carpeted the other wooden floorboards with large rugs, reached via carpeted stairs from hall, banisters and grab rails by all stairs.
• All rooms equipped with a tea / coffee making machine and drinking water.
• Fresh milk provided for all rooms.
• TV in all bedrooms, all rooms ensuite with shower with anti-slip vinyl floor covering which is warm and comfortable underfoot.
• Free wifi.
Diets and special needs
• The accommodation is not recommended for visually impaired visitors unless accompanied.
• Choice of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free menu offered, please let us know when you book if you have any special or dietary requirements.
• No smoking allowed.
• No pets allowed.
Emergency / Fire Routine
In the event of an emergency / fire the emergency lighting system will illuminate and the fire alarm will sound (a continuous ringing bell). There are fire extinguishers throughout the building and fire alarm call points on the first floor, ground floor hallway (and kitchen).
We are available in an emergency 24 hours a day on our mobile phone numbers and live on site, however, we are not always on site 24 hours a day.
Should you require assistance to advise you in the unlikely event of an emergency taking place, or to evacuate the building, please discuss this with us prior to or on arrival and we can discuss the options available.
We have created a B&B where everyone is welcome, feels safe and hopefully has a great stay.
Should you have any questions, need any further information, or have any special requests, please do not hesitate to get in touch, email email@example.com
Sharon 07941 275 387 or Colin 07827 430 592
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone Sharon 07941 275 387 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Colin, Sharon & Radar the Bakery Dog.